"parallelizing" the two initial phases?

Robert Sander ml-it-rsync at epigenomics.com
Wed Sep 8 07:15:23 GMT 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 20:49:21 +0000 (UTC),
 Eberhard Moenkeberg <emoenke at gwdg.de> wrote:
> So, my question (indeed more, a wish): wouldn't it be possible to start
> bulding both databases in parallel, or shortly after each other?

I would also vote for such a feature, building the filelist databases in
parallel.

We are using rsync within dirvish to backup large filesystems (> 1000000
files) and the process of building these filelist alone takes a huge
time.

Greetings
--
Robert Sander                     Senior Manager Information Systems
Epigenomics AG    Kleine Praesidentenstr. 1    10178 Berlin, Germany
http://www.epigenomics.com             robert.sander at epigenomics.com

What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expect generally happens.
-- Bengamin Disraeli