more filelist --stats

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Sep 7 18:03:11 GMT 2004

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 10:34:09AM -0400, Christophe Kalt wrote:
> The attached diff causes rsync to show how much time it spends
> on building and sending its filelist.

Your patch doesn't take into account that the statistics are sometimes
sent at the end of the transfer if the sender is not the client (since
the sender is the one with all the stats, but the client outputs the
stats).  So, this change would require a bump in the protocol version.
If we're going to do that, it might be better to just make the sender
always output the stats and get rid of the weird read/write logic in the
report() function.

I'll consider a change like this for later.  If someone modifies it to
make it more complete, I'll put it in the patches dir for now.