rsync-2.6.3pre1: --delete-after does not work

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Sep 7 17:56:57 GMT 2004

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 11:06:30AM +0200, Stefan Hoelldampf wrote:
> Using "--delete-after" does not work with
> 2.6.3pre1 (sender, Fedora Core 2) and
> 2.5.7 (receiver, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3):

I've run this combination of rsync versions without any problems (though
my copy went from Debian to RH 9).  It would help if you could narrow
the problem down somehow.  Perhaps you could try running it under
valgrind and see if it generates an error?  (I've done this, and it runs
with very decent alicrity).

Also, it's always helpful to mention the command-line you're running,
just in case that has some effect on the failure.