--ignore-times transfers all files every sync

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sat Oct 30 15:41:44 GMT 2004

On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 01:28:44PM +0200, Joost van den Broek wrote:
> With [--ignore-times] enabled, all files get's transferred every sync.

That's what that option does -- it turns off the quick-check algorithm
and transfers all the files.  There is also the --size-only option, but
that wouldn't transfer any file that had the same size on both systems.

> I found out that some files not always changes their mod-time and
> size, while they're actually changed

If files really have an identical modify-time and size but are still
modified, your only two options are to use -c or -I, both of which you
already tried.  That's all there is.