Cannot apply delete-sent-files.diff on solaris platform

Saunders, Shawn SSaunders at mednet.ucla.edu
Mon Oct 18 15:02:58 GMT 2004

I have been trying various ways and looking though the lists, but I can't
seem to find a solution.

I am running a Ultra2 with Solaris 9 and rsync 2.5.2, with the old
-move-files patch.

I want to upgrade to 2.6.3 with the delete-sent-files patch. Which I
understand is the new and improved version serving the same purpose.

Unfortunately my patch under Solaris did'nt work, so I d/l the GNU version
of Patch and I could complete the patch of that diff file.

Then I execute a make proto per the instructions and receive the following.

bash-2.05# make proto

cat ./*.c ./lib/compat.c | awk -f ./mkproto.awk >./proto.h.new

awk: syntax error near line 12

awk: illegal statement near line 12

awk: syntax error near line 21

awk: bailing out near line 21

make: *** [proto] Error 2

Could someone shed some light on this.  I need to run this this week. This
was supposed to be a simple upgrade.

I applied it to my other machines (RedHat) and they worked fine.  But this
solaris box I require this patch, because after the files are moved from
this machine the originals on the Sun box must be deleted to make room for
additional incoming files.

Sincerely,

Shawn Saunders

(310) 794-8976

(310) 794-8657 Fax

IMPORTANT WARNING:  This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner.  Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from your computer.