writefd_unbuffered failed to write - Broken pipe

Saunders, Shawn SSaunders at mednet.ucla.edu
Sat Oct 9 18:39:45 GMT 2004

I am using Rsync 2.6.3 , and have tried rsync 2.6.2 also. I am attempting to
push about 990G from one machine to another. Whenever I do this, it
processes about 1/3 the way through and I receive the following error during
the transfer, and it stops.  Could this be a problem with it running as a
cron job?

The command I am using is /usr/local/bin/rsync -acv --stats /data/
server::data

Any ideas, or is this insufficient info, if so, let me know what you need.

rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 32768 bytes: phase "unknown":
Broken pipe rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
io.c(842)

       20.93 real         1.01 user         1.72 sys

Sincerely,

Shawn Saunders

(310) 794-8976

(310) 794-8657 Fax

IMPORTANT WARNING:  This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner.  Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from your computer.