Adding a file size limit option to rsync

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Oct 8 21:16:21 GMT 2004

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 09:38:38PM -0700, Robert Clark wrote:
> I hacked rsync version 2.6.0 to support a file size limit.

There is a patch named max-size.diff in the patches directory of rsync
that adds support for this feature.  It is one of several features in
that directory that are being considered for inclusion in the next rsync
release (you may need to upgrade to a more modern version to see it,
though -- the most recent is 2.6.3).

Feel free to give it a try and let me know if you have any problems with
it.  It allows sizes to be specified with values such as 99m, 3.5g,
92834738k, etc.