patch for replacing non-printable chars in filenames

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Nov 23 22:18:49 GMT 2004

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 05:29:57PM +0100, Paul Slootman wrote:
> Here's a patch. Opinions?

I think that a better place to munge the name would be in the
safe_fname() routine in utils.c (which already munges newlines
characters into question marks).  The reason I didn't change
any other characters was because I feared that it would mangle
foreign filenames that use high-bit characters.  I'd want some
feedback from such users before accepting such a patch.