Problem calling rsync from java on OSX

Drew Lippolt lists-rsync at azera.net
Fri Nov 19 18:05:25 GMT 2004

wayne,

thanks for the helpful response.

the redirection stuff doesn't work too well when called from java.  see
this page:

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-12-2000/jw-1229-traps.html

a quick scan of the 2.6.3 sourcecode showed that i could just have
is_a_socket return false (0) in all cases.  only downsides i could
determine were inability to run from inet and avoiding some cleanup
code--which avoids sending a tcp RST--beneficial to winblows when rsync
gets killed.

with this modification, rsync seesm to work fine in my application.

does anyone see a problem with this modification, assuming the resultant
binary would never be run in any mode except daemon mode?

thanks,

<drew>