Symlink file syncing issue

Joel Watson joel at joelmwatson.com
Tue Nov 9 02:53:59 GMT 2004

In case anyone was interested... I finally have it working using the
below rsync commands (this is from a script, so I'm just leaving the
variable names in):

Sync'ing TO the server:
rsync -avzruR --files-from=/Users/username/file-list
--rsync-path=~/rsync -e ssh --exclude ".DS_Store" $SOURCE
$LOGIN:$TARGET

Sync'ing FROM the server:
rsync -avzru --files-from=/Users/jwatson/file-list --rsync-path=~/rsync
-e ssh --exclude ".DS_Store" $LOGIN:$SOURCE $TARGET

I have detailed instructions on how I have it set up to sync my desktop
and laptop in OS X here:
http://www.joelmwatson.com/blog/archives/2004/11/laptopdesktop_s.html

Thanks for the help!

-Joel

"Smiting his breast, he reproached his heart with word.
Endure, heart; you have endured worse before." - Odyssey, XX 17-18