Problems with --bwlimit && --daemon

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Nov 5 17:57:23 GMT 2004

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 12:26:06PM -0200, Marcelo Ricardo Leitner wrote:
> The problem is that on io.c:882 bwlimit_writemax is also used to
> control the bandwidth, but it is not initialized for the daemon mode.

That's because --bwlimit is a client option.  The current code in CVS,
which now prevents the the user from mixing daemon options with client
options, doesn't even let you specify --bwlimit in combination with
--daemon.  I am considering making --bwlimit a daemon option, but the
older rsync code would always override the server's value with a value
specified by the client, so this was just a default bwlimit for each
transfer, and not an enforced limit.

Thoughts?  Were you expecting the daemon-specified bwlimit to be just a
default or a maximum limit?