What does this mean: "ERROR: The remote path must start with a module name"

Dan Livney Dan.Livney at mi-services.com
Tue Nov 2 17:51:53 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have an rsync daemon running on a remote server:

# rsync --daemon

with an entry in the /etc/rsyncd.conf file "path = /panpci/arch"

On another server I want to rsync its directory, with the /panpci/arch specified in the remote rsyncd.conf file:

rsync -autWvz -e 'ssh -i /panpci/oracle/.ssh/id_dsa' orpanpci at pdt01::/panpci/arch /sanpci/arch/PANPCI

ERROR: The remote path must start with a module name

What does this error mean, what am I doing wrong??

Thanks,
Dan Livney
Mi-Services Group