read error produces null-byte-filled destination file

Todd Stansell tjs at tellme.com
Tue May 11 23:31:16 GMT 2004

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 01:39:24PM -0700, Wayne Davison wrote:
> It's pretty easy to at least fix this file-is-up-to-date deception.

While this fix may be useful to some people, I'd much rather wait to
see a real fix such that read errors on the sending side doesn't result
in a corrupt file on the destination.  We only ran into this in an edge
case and have taken steps to prevent this as much as possible in the
future.

Thanks,

Todd