read error produces null-byte-filled destination file

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue May 11 19:06:39 GMT 2004

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 02:45:15PM -0700, Todd Stansell wrote:
> 2.6.2 now produces an error message, but still also produces the
> corrupted destination file.

Yes, starting with 2.6.0 we at least get an error message that something
went wrong.  However, it would be much better if the receiver did not
update the file as if it were transferred correctly.  I'll need to look
at the protocol and see if there is a way to convey this information
from the sender to the receiver (or add a way).