cwRync and Windows permissions

Stephane Rohart ROHART at archimed.fr
Mon May 10 14:40:21 GMT 2004

That did the job.
Thank you tevfik !

Stéphane

-----Message d'origine-----
De : tevfik at itefix.no [mailto:tevfik at itefix.no]
Envoyé : lundi 10 mai 2004 16:02
À : Stephane Rohart
Cc : rsync at lists.samba.org
Objet : Re: cwRync and Windows permissions

Hi,

cwRsync package has a batch file example that corrects permissions problem at client side. However, this is not the case for the server part.  You have to manually set a system-wide variable CYGWIN to nontsec and restart cwRsync service after correcting permissions as you like.

Have a look at

http://www.itefix.no/phpws/index.php?module=faq&FAQ_op=view&FAQ_id=12

In short :

Right click My Computer Go to Properties Go to the Advanced Tab Click Environment Variables In the bottom section (System variables), add the new entry: CYGWIN, with value nontsec Restart the rsync service Make sure the folders you are uploading to have the permissions you want the files to inherit. Doing this, I've found the uploaded files get the correct permissions.

Rgrds Tev

cwRsync maintainer

NB! cwRsync package does not handle this automatically, because I don't want to disturb an existing cygwin installation. Maybe, it's time to offer it as an option.