rsync 2.6.2 --daemon Problem

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu May 6 21:36:07 GMT 2004

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 10:02:41AM +0200, Paul Slootman wrote:
> If that's the root cause of the problem, skipping the IPV6 socket when
> that call fails should suffice.

I've decided against using this change as I think it would prevent some
older Linux (any other?) systems from accepting IPv6 connections at all.

I've committed a change that suggests to the user (via a log message)
that they try using either -4 or -6 when this EADDRINUSE error occurs.
That should avoid the double-listen problem on systems where IPV6_V6ONLY
is not working/available.