rsync and Perl programming

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Wed May 5 20:28:28 GMT 2004

On Wed, 5 May 2004, Jim Salter wrote:

> Hi everybody -
>
> I'm trying to write a Perl wrapper for some rsync tasks that need doing.
>   Problem is, there's some sort of odd interaction going on between Perl
> and the daemon mode communication for the rsync client, and I'm at my
> wit's end in trying to figure it out.

Try unbuffering your I/O in the script. Add the following line somewhere
towards the top:

$| = 1;

Note: that's the "pipe" symbol after the dollar sign.

-Chuck

--
http://www.quantumlinux.com
 Quantum Linux Laboratories, LLC.

 "The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply
  social values more noble than mere monetary profit." - FDR