rsync 2.6.2 --daemon Problem

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Wed May 5 17:31:24 GMT 2004

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 09:25:17PM +0200, Martin Kjeldsen wrote:
> 2004/05/04 21:15:10 [22369] rsyncd version 2.6.2 starting, listening on port 873
> 2004/05/04 21:15:10 [22369] rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at socket.c(466)

Rsync 2.6.2 now tries to listen on multiple interfaces, e.g. for systems
that want to accept connections on both the IPv4 and IPv6 interfaces.
The patch from Paul Slootman in this thread should take care of the case
where your system can't actually use the IPv6-only address.  If that
doesn't fix the problem, I can change the listen code to not bomb out
when one of the listen() calls fails as long as at least one of them
succeeds (though I'd have it log a warning if it failed to listen on all
of them).