exclude confusion: what does it match against?

Francis Montagnac Francis.Montagnac at sophia.inria.fr
Wed Mar 31 06:49:58 GMT 2004

> Remember - we are talking about the transfer root, not the filesystem
> root or partition root.

Yes.

> The source transfer root is the source path with any trailing node
> removed up to the last slash.

I see, but as soon as you have more than one source argument to rsync,
except when using --relative, this notion of "source transfer root"
makes little sense to me.

Or one can perhaps clearly state that there is one "source root" by
argument when not using --relative.

--
Francis.Montagnac at sophia.inria.fr, Tel: (33) 04 92 38 79 11, Bur: C112
INRIA Sophia, 2004, rte des Lucioles, B.P.93 - 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex