earliest use of rsync?

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Tue Mar 30 00:29:25 GMT 2004

My guess would be that it began to be used after it was written - long
after the internet was "invented". If you look at the original tech
report, it was (I'll hazard a guess) after November 1998.

Just FYI, not all the good software was there from day one. That's why
people like Andrew are so handy. :-)

Cheers,

-Pete

-----