rsync/cwsync dir spaces on the path

Tim Conway conway at us.ibm.com
Sat Mar 27 11:00:11 GMT 2004

Because spaces are part of the syntax of the rsyncd.conf, you'll need to
work around them.  Wildcards are outside the concept of modules, as
referring to the module is referring to a specific location on the
filesystem, not a range of possible choices.

You can either use symlinks to give nice clean names,
cnwt99 at 78KZAZ2
/home/cnwt99>ls -l mydocs
lrwxrwxrwx    1 cnwt99   mkgroup-      170 Mar  8 13:49 mydocs ->
/c/Documents and Settings/cnwt99/My Documents
cnwt99 at 78KZAZ2
/home/cnwt99>

or find the short name for the items.
C:\cygwin\home\cnwt99>dir /?
<extraneous info deleted>
  /X          This displays the short names generated for non-8dot3 file
              names.  The format is that of /N with the short name
inserted
              before the long name. If no short name is present, blanks
are
              displayed in its place.

Tim Conway
Unix System Administration
Contractor - IBM Global Services
desk:3032734776
conway at us.ibm.com

Hi:
First let me say that rsync/cwrsync is amazing !
And sorry ! if I'm bothering you with this question...
I need to sync my work files from the WinXP Pro machine to our Solaris
one... so far so fine..
My problem is when I specify the path on the rsyncd.conf (cwrsync) I
have tried many combinations
from:
/cygdrive/c/Documents*/rbadilla/My*/clients
/cygdrive/c/Documents*/rbadilla/
"/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/rbadilla"
/cygdrive/c/Documents\ and\ Settings
/cygdrive/c/Documents*tings
/cygdrive/c/"Documents and Settings/rbadilla"
Until now I always get the "
chdir /cygdrive/c/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX failed
: No such file or directory "
Can you enlight me???