Per-directory .cvsignore too aggressive

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu Mar 25 19:10:41 GMT 2004

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 10:26:24AM -0500, Szymon M. Rusinkiewicz wrote:
> I have noticed that the contents of per-directory .cvsignore files apply
> outside their subtrees when using --cvs-exclude in rsync 2.6.0.

First off, thanks for the complete bug report -- it was very well done.
However, the issue has come up a couple times recently, the latest just
yesterday (see "incorrect exclude list with -C").

I'd recommend trying out 2.6.1pre-1, which contains the fix you need and
will help us test the upcoming 2.6.1 release.