rsync 2.6.1pre-1 released

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Wed Mar 24 22:24:30 GMT 2004

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 08:26:30PM +0100, Paul Slootman wrote:
> BTW, there was some discussion not too long ago about releasing 2.6.1 as
> a performance release (and including such fixes as this one, I presume).

Yes, I was justing thinking that I should bundle CVS up into a pre-
release and get some final testing before getting 2.6.1 out the door.
So, I just ran the packaging process that generated a release of
2.6.1pre-1:

    http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/preview/

Your suggestion of packaging up an experimental release for Debian would
certainly help us get some good pre-release testing.  I'd appreciate
that!

So folks:  please beat on this code and let me know if you discover any
problems.  Thanks,