Logging from cron

Brian Cuttler brian at wadsworth.org
Tue Mar 23 18:00:01 GMT 2004

We always run rsync from a shell script, sometimes we pipe the
shell script output to mailx or such. I'm sure you can write
it to a log file but don't recall the syntax off hand.

We never run the single command as a cron task, ie never
 0 23 * * 1-5 rsync
but do
 0 23 * * 1-5 script1.sh

I'm sure a number of the OS provided root cron jobs do so.

[Charset KOI8-R unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]