How to --delete deleted directories

Richard Greaney greaneyr at inspire.net.nz
Mon Mar 15 16:05:27 GMT 2004

Hi all
I am currently working on a project where I need to mirror an entire
directory tree. I would rather only process updated files as the
transfer is only working at 56Kb. As such, I'm using rsync with the -u
switch. I also want it to delete non-existent files off the remote
server, hence I am using --delete. However I have discovered only today
that rsync does not delete directories from a remote server using only
those options.

I had thought maybe --force might fix it but sadly this is not the case.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Richard