Feature Request: Multiple Streams

Clint Byrum cbyrum at spamaps.org
Fri Mar 12 00:08:49 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 02:24, Stefan Nehlsen wrote:
> You have one source and many destinations. This looks to me like you
> want to use the batch options of rsync.
>
> Please read about batch mode in the rsync manpage.

This looks very promising. I have two concerns:

1) how bad is it if one of the batch destinations isn't exactly like the
original's destination was? Are we talking corruption, or will it say
"You screwed up, try again!" ?

2) The man page says

BATCH MODE
       Note:  Batch  mode should be considered experimental in this
version of
       rsync. The interface or behaviour may change before it
stabilizes.

... Is that just to scare off the weaker types, or should I be wary of
using this for production work?

Thanks!