Trouble with rsync inside fcron: buffer overflow in recv_exclude_list

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Mon Jun 28 06:58:39 GMT 2004

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 09:41:49PM +0200, Hendrik Visage wrote:
> /usr/bin/rsync   --delete-after   --max-delete=1 -pogtvS /var/spool/mail/* /md7/mail_backup/`date "+%H"`/

Drop the '*' and try again (leave the trailing slash prior to the '*',
of course).  It looks like you're running into the bug that affects
multiple-sources combined with --delete (which is mentioned in bugzilla
along with the patch that went into CVS to fix it).  If so, the failure
symptom is not one I have seen before (it more typically crashes with a
signal).