Q: Rsync, Batch: How to avoid the "password" ask ?

bzels123 bzels123 at free.fr
Fri Jun 25 14:58:12 GMT 2004

Hi

As I want to automate my Desktop backup process, I'm currently trying
to finilize a CMD (Windows XP batch) file in order to save different data
(outlook.pst, \desktop, \docs, \Favorites ....).

My problem is that even with this parameter SET RSYNC_PASSWORD=xxxx
It still ask me for a password, blocking of course all the process
automation.

I'm running either on my Linux backup box (RedHat9 v2.40) or on my PC,
version 2.6.2 of rsync, assuming it is the latest.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Bart.