Help with Partial Transfer Error?

Stephen Anderson stephena at hiwaay.net
Thu Jun 24 20:16:48 GMT 2004

Thank you for the suggestions!  Rsync had worked for two other backups I had tried
so I was at a loss for what would be different with this one.  I took your advice and
tried just a single file.  I was unable to transfer it.  I tried renaming then moving it,
still unable to transfer.  The symptoms got really weird.  Finally, I tracked it down to
a permission problem.  The cache file directories had been created automatically by
spambayes and for some reason they had permissions which my rsync user couldn't
read.

I would have never gotten to that point without your kick in the pants.  Thanks!

Regards,
Steve