rsync + ssh

Tim Conway conway at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 21 17:27:29 GMT 2004

That's an ssh problem, not rsync.
try "ssh xx.yy.zz".
That said, ssh is irrelevant to what you're trying to do.
you are going to a module on an rsync daemon, not a directory through a
remote shell transport connection.
:: is an rsync-protocol TCP connection to port 873, not an ssh-protocol
TCP connection to port 22.

Pick one.  Either "rsync -aurvlpogt kk.txt XXX.YYY.ZZZ::pruebas1", or "
rsync -aurvlpogt -e ssh kk.txt XXX.YYY.ZZZ:/path/to/pruebas1".  For the
latter, you'll have to get ssh working between the two systems.

Tim Conway
Unix System Administration
Contractor - IBM Global Services
desk:3032734776
conway at us.ibm.com

Hello gurus

I attemp to make a backup between two hosts, using rsync, and result is
ok.

But and I agree "-e ssh" to sentence, host backup says

rsync -aurvlpogt  -e ssh kk.txt XXX.YYY.ZZZ::pruebas1
@ERROR: access denied to pruebas1 from unknown (0.0.0.0)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (78 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(342)

Any idea ??

Thanks...