Q: rsync examples, missing parameters?

bzels123 bzels123 at free.fr
Thu Jun 17 14:39:41 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'm adapting the first script (backup to a central backup server with 7 day
incremental) from http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/examples.html web site
and ported it to Windows XP, as I need to save my files incrementally over
a week.

Script (Windows XP):
C:\rsync2>rsync --force --delete --backup
--backup-dir=/home/bart2/backup/Thu  -ave ssh
/cygdrive/c/Doc/backup/desktop2/
bart2 at 192.168.0.100:/home/bart2/backup/backfull/
 >C:\Doc\backup\log\20040617_rsync.log
.
So for testing purpose, on my laptop under Windows XP I changes date
earlier this Week
ans so on over 4 days, and on each day I modify some files and
directories, create some
new files and directories, ....

My problem is that in /home/bart2/backup/%day% where %day% is
(Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,...)
only files that existed before and modified on another day are backed
up. Neither new
files nor directories are backed up, how come?

I suppose the script is doing his duty, but maybe I'm missing some
parameters to save also new files
and directories in a recursive way?

PS: the "/home/bart2/backup/backfull/" is actually saving new files and
directories. so I do not
       understand why in an incremental way it is different.

Thanks in advance,

Kind Regards,

Bart Zelsmann.