Q: rsync Windows --backup parameters

bzels123 bzels123 at free.fr
Fri Jun 18 07:20:37 GMT 2004

Thanks a lot ,

This explains a lot ("--backup-dir is on the remote).
I should have guest, sorry about this.

But about the fact that it is an old version, your right but :
- on Linux I tried to install the latest version 2.6.2, but the
   "configure"command did never succeed :(, some problems
   about not finding a valid cc or gcc. (/lib/libgcc_s-3.2.2-20030225.so.1)
    even if it is not the newst gcc lib, it should work no ?
   I supose I installed the latest stable linux version (2.40.xx)
   with a clarkconnect 2.2 (March/April 2004) (Redhat 9 ?)
   so I do not understand the install problem. So finaly I found
   the latest ".rpm" compiled package but it's only a 2.5.6 version.
    :(

- on Windows platform, I did find a light version of rsync
   composed only of (rsync.exe, ssh.exe, rsetup.bat, cygwin1.dll)
    that works find as you can see but it is an 2.5.1-dev .
    I didn't find a newer version.

Maybe do you have some comments about the versions on
either Linux or Windows platforms ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards/Cordialement

Bart Zelsmann