FW: Signatures ...

King, Daniel Daniel.King at Fiserv.com
Thu Jun 17 14:17:19 GMT 2004

Thanks, Wayne.  Again.

Unfortunately, on the inside of our firewall, even the web fetch of the
signature is still failing.

However, I learned just yesterday how to access a non-firewalled machine
outside our site.  Importing the signature went quickly thereafter.

$ gpg --verify rsync-2.6.2.tar.gz.sig rsync-2.6.2.tar.gz
gpg: WARNING: using insecure memory!
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
gpg: Signature made Fri Apr 30 14:04:25 2004 EDT using DSA key ID 4B96A8C5
gpg: Good signature from "Wayne Davison <wayned at samba.org>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 0048 C8B0 26D4 C96F 0E58  9C2F 6C85 9FB1 4B96 A8C5

I don't yet have a "web of trust;" should I be concerned about the "not
certified" issue above?

A. Daniel King, System Analyst
Fiserv - Atlanta Center
HP-UX, Solaris, Linux