wildcard error in source path?

Terry Dooher tdooher.lists at naturalmotion.com
Thu Jun 17 12:23:36 GMT 2004

Logically, this is correct behaviour, I think.

dump/* is a wildcard that matches every _existing_ local file in the
dump/ directory. Since the file you deleted doesn't exist, it isn't
considered by rsync.

dump/  tells rsync to compare the contents of the local dump/ directory
with those of the remote one and, in your case, will delete on the
remote host any files that don't exist locally.

Disclaimer: I haven't used --delete myself, so I could be wrong.

Terry.