rsycnc copies all files

Gareth gareth at bim7.com
Wed Jun 16 21:16:19 GMT 2004

Wayne Davison wrote:

>On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 08:26:33PM +0100, Gareth wrote:
>

>>I am making an extraordinary claim: rysnc seems to copy all my files,
>>not just ones that have changed or new files.
>>

>Use either -t (preferred) or -c (slower).  See also -a.
>
>..wayne..

Wayne... Thanks for the reply.

The man pages say -c passes "always checksum" - I thought the whole
point of rsync was to checksum the differences between source and
destination files. The many examples / tutorials I've found from
Googling do not show the use of the -c for rysnc to be effective. (For
example....
http://www.devshed.com/index2.php?option=content&task=view&id=56&pop=1&page=0&hide_js=1
)

Is the -a option typically used by most users of rsync?

Many thanks

Gareth