help with cwrsync

tevfik at itefix.no tevfik at itefix.no
Tue Jun 8 19:58:34 GMT 2004

Hi,

In the case your problem is caused by open files :
AFAIK, as all other well-behaved backup solutions, rsync does not handle
open files. They must be excluded some way or another.

If you use Windows 2003, "openfiles" command gives you a list of open
files. Output from this command can be used to generate an exclude-list
that may comfort rsync.

In the case your problem is due to lack of permissions :
Make sure that rsync user account has read permissions to directory
structure you want to backup.

Rgrds Tev