rsync server complaining about vanishing files while they are not.

Hans Deragon hans at deragon.biz
Mon Jun 7 18:11:33 GMT 2004

Greetings.

   I am running rsync 2.6.2 on both the server and the client.  Server is
   Fedora Core 2 and client is Red Hat Linux 9.

   I am suffuring of the following errors on the server side:

Jun  7 19:43:27 tux101 rsyncd[24906]: file has vanished:
"redhat/9/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/gtk2-engines-2.2.0-2.i386.rpm" (in module1)

   This messages repeats for a whole bunch of rpm files I want to transfer.
   The files are symlink to another directory, but they do exist, and
   they are not deleted while rsync is working.  Thus I can reproduce the
   problem at will by simply executing the client again and again.

   I call the client with the following:

/opt/rsync/bin/rsync -vvvvrL
some.server.com::module1/redhat/9/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS
/export/lmw/install_images/redhat

   I also notice that the rsync server complains with a code 24, while
   the client complains with a code 23 (is this normal?).

   Should I report this as a bug?

Best regards,
Hans Deragon
--
Consultant en informatique/Software Consultant
Deragon Informatique inc.     Open source: