only 1.3 of 12 GB will transfer from OSX to Linux

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Wed Jul 28 22:21:06 GMT 2004

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 02:44:34PM -0400, Anthony DiSante wrote:
> I'm doing everything as root on both ends to make sure it's
> not a permissions issue, but still can't get all the files to transfer.

First off, look for error messages in the log file that the daemon is
logging into (it will be one of your syslog files since you did not
override it).  Also, your config file didn't specify a uid, so it is
defaulting to running the daemon as user "nobody", so it may be a
permissions problem after all.  See the uid and gid settings in the
rsyncd.conf manpage.