Sad news about JW Schultz

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Jul 27 16:44:40 GMT 2004

I was saddened to learn today that JW Schultz was found dead back on
March 27th of this year.  JW was a big help in the recent development of
rsync and I sorely missed his presence during the last release cycle.

JW was also the author of the Dirvish backup software, and Keith
Lofstrom (who provided me with the sad news) has plans to put some
memorial information onto the new dirvish site as details become
available ( http://www.dirvish.org/ ).

JW: thanks for all your help!  Your cyber legacy lives on.  I'm sure
that those who knew you well continue to have your memory in their
hearts.