Avoid return code 24 (file vanished) with command line option?

Robert Sander ml-it-rsync at epigenomics.com
Thu Jul 22 09:46:38 GMT 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:01:43 +0000 (UTC),
 Robert Sander <gurubert-dated-1090399286.enecemim at epigenomics.com> wrote:
> The backup process restarts rsync if it encountered an error condition.
> But this error is not a "real" error.

Problem fixed. I was able to change the backup script's behaviour.

The script now treats rsync's exit code 24 only as warning and not as
error condition. This is sufficient for our situation.

I was talking about dirvish, unfortunately its website is currently
unavailable as the nameservers for pegasys.ws do not respond.

Greetings
--
Robert Sander                     Senior Manager Information Systems
Epigenomics AG    Kleine Praesidentenstr. 1    10178 Berlin, Germany
http://www.epigenomics.com             robert.sander at epigenomics.com