Growing file

Milutin Voinivich team at nasbackup.com
Sat Jul 17 15:38:07 GMT 2004

Hi,

rsync gzip file in not so good idea!
Because of gzip algorithm, a small use change of the original file will
cause a big change of the gzip file.
That's mean rsync will copy the whole file after each change! , not what you
really want !
To over come this you can use special version on gzip, it can be fund in the
patch CSV directory or in
http://svana.org/kleptog/rgzip.html

Regards,

Milutin Voinivich