Help: rsync queries

Swapnil joshi.swapnil at spsoftindia.com
Fri Jul 16 06:26:58 GMT 2004

Dear rsync Developers,
I am new user to rsync,
I have few queries please help me.
 1. I want to know whether rsync server and client are available for
	* Novell servers
	* Windows 2003
	* Windows 2000 server
	* Windows NT
	* Windows XP
	* Xservers
	* Mac OS X
	* Mac OS 9

 2. I also want to know if my rsync server is on Mac OS X
	and the clients are Windows (XP/2000/2003) , Novelle Server , Mac OS X, Mac
OS 9, Linux.
	Does it works with all the clients. I mean to say is there any problem
backup the data using rsync from all different 	OS clients to Mac OS X.

 3. I also want to know if my rsync server is on Windows (XP/2000/2003)
	and the clients are Windows (XP/2000/2003) , Novelle Server , Mac OS X, Mac
OS 9, Linux.
	Does it works with all the clients. I mean to say is there any problem
backup the data using rsync from all different 	OS clients to Windows.

 4. I also want to know if my rsync server is on Novelle Server
	and the clients are Windows (XP/2000/2003) , Novelle Server , Mac OS X, Mac
OS 9, Linux.
	Does it works with all the clients. I mean to say is there any problem
backup the data using rsync from all different 	OS clients to Novelle
server.

 5. I want to know If rsync Server is receiving the data of around 1 GB
every day what is harware configuration recommended 	for the better
performance.

 6. How rsync works with multiple client connections in terms of performance
?

 7. For backing data across different clients on different platform (as I
mentioned earlier) do we need data to be backup	should be availble on
shares(NFS/CIFS) ? or what rsync supports ?

 8. What are the recovery mechanism provided by rsync ?

Thanks and Regards
Swapnil Joshi