Backup script

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Thu Jul 8 19:56:14 GMT 2004

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, spivkid wrote:

> I guess I need a full copy of the data that is need to be backup from
> the remote box on my local box so rsync can compare the file different
> each date?

Not really. Having no data on the remote box means that there's more to
transfer across from the source box. In other words, if rsync doesn't find
a file to compare with, it transfers the file in its entirety.

-Chuck

--
http://www.quantumlinux.com
 Quantum Linux Laboratories, LLC.

 "The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply
  social values more noble than mere monetary profit." - FDR