include/exclude patterns to copy just certain files?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu Jul 8 17:19:33 GMT 2004

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 11:31:05PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> As an enhancement I would really like it even more if the --from0
> option could be combined with --files-from to be --files-from0.

The reason it's not --files-from0 is that the --from0 option affects all
the --*-from file-reading (i.e. --files-from, --exclude-from, and
--include-from).  Yes, it would be more flexible to let each file have
its own individual line-ending setting, but it's easy enough to keep all
the required files in a single line-ending syntax.