Realtime rsyncing

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Mon Jul 5 19:21:04 GMT 2004

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, Henry van der Beek wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to synchronise two directories on separate machines
> across a network using rsync, but I want to apply rsync whenever the
> contents of the directories are altered, rather than using a cron job.
> Does anyone have any ideas? We are running Redhat9.0. Thanks Henry

You might want to look at dnotify:

http://www.student.lu.se/~nbi98oli/dnotify.html

It's likely that rsync isn't the right tool for the job you're describing
IMHO.

-Chuck

--
http://www.quantumlinux.com
 Quantum Linux Laboratories, LLC.

 "The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply
  social values more noble than mere monetary profit." - FDR