Q: Rsync, Batch: How to avoid the "password" ask ?

bzels123 bzels123 at free.fr
Thu Jul 1 21:55:37 GMT 2004

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the info ... and the congratulations ;)

but now when I try to do this in a batch file :
SET BSERVER=192.168.0.102
SET RSYNC_PASSWORD=bart2
rsync -av --delete "/cygdrive/c/Doc/backup/Desktop/MesFavories.rar"
bart2@%BSERVER%::backup_pa

I got the following error :

@ERROR: auth failed on module backup_pa
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (94 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
/home/lapo/packaging/tmp/rsync-2.6.2/io.c(342)

Even if I have now a different  error message than earlier (previous
email),
It seems to me that I'm still missing some rsync configuration stuff no ?

PS : at server side (%BSERVER%)  I launched rsync in daemon with :
        rsync --daemon --config=/etc/rsyncd.conf

Regards,

Bart.