Can't Figure out why rsync job stops

Jim Salter jim at jrssystems.net
Fri Jan 30 23:46:12 GMT 2004

Have you fsck'ed the filesystems on both ends?

Have you checked to make certain network pipes don't get magically
broken in between both ends?  (Many connections have issues in which a
given pipe will only stay open for [x] amount of time, or [x] amount of
idle time, before being closed by a router.  This is not an issue which
tends to be visible to the end-user with protocols like HTTP or FTP, but
can very definitely be an issue with SSH or rsync.  Test: ssh across the
two servers.  Do nothing for half an hour.  Is the pipe still open?)

Jim Salter