"file has vanished" bug [rsync-HEAD-20040127-1010GMT]

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Jan 27 23:06:05 GMT 2004

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 04:41:14PM -0500, Alberto Accomazzi wrote:
> Just ran into this bug when running the latest snapshot from CVS: when
> rsyncing from two source directories into a third one, rsync gets
> confused about which source file is from which directory, resulting in a
> "file vanished" error.  See test script below.

Thanks for the great bug report!  I've just checked in a fix into CVS.

> Also, is there any consensus on whether using multiple source modules
> when pulling from an rsync daemon is going to be ok?  I recall some
> discussion on escaping spaces or quoting them in the past but I'm not
> sure if anything was decided.

There won't be any change on the escaping of spaces in the source, so
that should continue to work.  I think we'll probably escape spaces in
the destination (with a heuristic to handle the case where the user has
provided their own backslashes), but only if it's as backward-compatible
as we think it will be.