rsync still hangs on cygwin 1.5.6-1 and 1.5.7

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Jan 27 21:08:07 GMT 2004

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 03:59:11PM -0500, Downey, Tim wrote:
> Rsync is still hanging under cygwin for me.

Do make sure that you're talking about the right hang.  The hang that
got fixed was the one that occurs after the transfer successfully
completes (i.e. rsync just fails to exit).  Some folks have reported a
hang while the transfer is active, but I've heard that this only occurs
when using a remote shell (such as ssh) and not daemon mode.  This bug
has not yet been narrowed down to know if it is caused by rsync or the
remote shell.