--link-dest not working with rsync daemon?

jw schultz jw at pegasys.ws
Tue Jan 27 04:10:37 GMT 2004

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 09:57:32PM -0500, Alberto Accomazzi wrote:

> Let me take this opportunity to thank you personally for taking on the
> task of pushing out the latest rsync release and for your and jw's
> continuing work on this.  I know a lot of people have contributed
> patches and ideas to rsync but it does take a few good men to pull it
> all together.  I think you guys are doing a top-notch job.  So I think I
> speak for all the readers on the list when I say we are all *very*
> grateful for all you've done and are doing.

Wayne has been doing the heavy lifting but the other
developers have been active too.  I would be remiss to not
recognise the critical contribution of you and other users
who have given us good bug reports, sent in patches or even
suggested improvements.  Those of us who know the code
mostly have it working good enough for ourselves.

> And while I'm still on the line: do you have any ideas about upcoming
> releases?  There was some discussion prior to releasing 2.6.0 about what
> should be tackled next, but I'm not sure there was consensus beyond what
> became 2.6.0.

Soon, i hope.  2.6.1 is looking like a performance release.

	email address:		jw at pegasys.ws

		Remember Cernan and Schmitt